Gas Safety Inspections and Landlord Gas Safety Certificates
Duck Plumbing & Heating Ltd take gas safety seriously and all of our Gas Safe Registered engineers are qualified to undertake gas safety inspections.
In 1996 the government passed a law that requires all landlords, who rent either part or all of a property, to have all household gas appliances and pipes checked every 12 months with a Landlord gas safety certificate to this effect.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection include?
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidlelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible.
Legionaries Risk Assessments
Landlords of residential accommodation have responsibilities for combating Legionnaires' Disease. Health and safety legislation requires that landlords carry out risk assessments for the Legionella bacteria which cause Legionnaires' Disease and thereafter maintain control measures to minimise the risk. Most rented premises will be low risk but it is important that risk assessments are carried out and control measures introduced.
After one of our certified engineers visits the property, we will provide you with a risk assessment sheet and full report, as well as suggestions and costings for any remedial works required. Please contact the office to book.
If you wish to book a gas safety inspection please
contact us or call 08450 531193.